I purchased a remote start unit as a Christmas gift for my wife.I wanted to install the unit my self but they insisted I let them, as the installation is free.
I had issues with the starter malfunctioning a few months later, they fixed it. A couple months out of warranty, the unit stopped working completely. I didn't bother going back because I knew it was out of warranty. But then the car wouldn't start with the key.
I began removing the unit from my car and was horrified at the *** job they did wiring it up. They stripped the wires in the car wiring harness, twisted the wires together, and taped them up. I complained to corporate and they had a district manager call me to apologize and offer me a new unit installed "at cost". I explained the first one they installed fried the wiring harness.
This district manager admitted he was unaware of the installation procedure and that most of their customers are not mechanically inclined enough to see these things. I replied "so most of your customers don't see the shoddy installation job you guys do?" His answer was a simple no.
The next day I recieved a call from a man claiming to be the manager of all ABC's installation centers. He explained the technique they use is to strip the car's wires, poke the wires from the unit through, and twist together.
This is still wrong, but not as bad as how my installation was done.
Very poor customer service.Shame on you ABC Warehouse.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Remote Car Starter
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "My Latest Experience with Sony Corporation of America Event # E58894537 Service Notification: 301547845 Order # 36065586 1. I own Sony’s Flagship SACD Player, the SCD-1, cost: $5,000.00. It should be mentioned, this player..."
- "Please read reviews prior to ordering from this company, I wish I had. Ordered a 48” Broan Range Hood $1,100.00. Arrived in box that look undamaged (same as..."
- "The hood cracked and then literally started melting... why would a product intended for heating food melt!!!? What a scam. ..."
- "I bought a leather sofa with 5 year extended warranty after a year leather starting fading. Contacted their warranty deptt but never had any person that can come and see..."
- "Same thing happened to us, just now. Called Netgear (it's been about a month or two out of warranty, NEVER had any issues with it, until now). They said it..."
- "Scooter took my money that i gave as large deposit for a show in Atlanta, Georgia. Scooter will not refund my money or answer my calls. He creates elaborate lies..."
- "I don't usually complain but this time I have to, it was a treat for my husband and I to have my granddaughter with us for dinner she's 16 and..."
- "We love Ritz at our house and I buy several at a time each week. It has been the last 6 mo - 1 year that they are a..."
- "The bottom line - Nest makes fantastic, state-of-the-art, reliable products. I own 2 of the thermostats and just installed 5 outdoor nest cams at $200 / cam. The problem is..."