I purchased a remote start unit as a Christmas gift for my wife.I wanted to install the unit my self but they insisted I let them, as the installation is free.
I had issues with the starter malfunctioning a few months later, they fixed it. A couple months out of warranty, the unit stopped working completely. I didn't bother going back because I knew it was out of warranty. But then the car wouldn't start with the key.
I began removing the unit from my car and was horrified at the *** job they did wiring it up. They stripped the wires in the car wiring harness, twisted the wires together, and taped them up. I complained to corporate and they had a district manager call me to apologize and offer me a new unit installed "at cost". I explained the first one they installed fried the wiring harness.
This district manager admitted he was unaware of the installation procedure and that most of their customers are not mechanically inclined enough to see these things. I replied "so most of your customers don't see the shoddy installation job you guys do?" His answer was a simple no.
The next day I recieved a call from a man claiming to be the manager of all ABC's installation centers. He explained the technique they use is to strip the car's wires, poke the wires from the unit through, and twist together.
This is still wrong, but not as bad as how my installation was done.
Very poor customer service.Shame on you ABC Warehouse.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Remote Car Starter
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "I'VE NEVER DROPED THIS DOME! I'VE CARED FOR IT SINCE PURCHASE. THE SPLITS IN THE DOME ARE FROM COOKING ONLY. I purchased my oven when you only received one for the..."
- "I bought a Clipacell for my cell phone at the Ohio State Fair from Tom Patterson, of Patterson Services, LLC. It was guaranteed for life, period. It broke in only..."
- "In October 2009 we decided to purchase a Maytag Bravos 850 series washer and dryer combo for approx. $1800. We figured investing in a "premium" set of appliances from..."
- "Chain is turning pink in some areas. Very poor quality for the cost. Will never purchase jewelry from this company, pure junk! Contact the designer and she..."
- "I ordered a t-shirt from TeeChip back on October 11, 2015. I finally got it on November 3, 2015. I filed a complain with TeeChip on Nov 3 and have..."
- "Same thing happened to us, just now. Called Netgear (it's been about a month or two out of warranty, NEVER had any issues with it, until now). They said it..."
- "Went to the mac store in the westfield at Stratford. When i got to the till the lady that served me was so rude loads of attiude and couldnt be..."
- "Watch out for Lam.Nguyen @infinitioftampa.com , he'll attempt to scam you. I was interested in a pre-owned QX56 and he scammed me for over three days leading me to believe..."
- "With fashion, food, architecture JESSE KEYES with KAROLINZ ZMARLAK, 1 7th AVENUE SOUTH and LA ESQUINA, are all superb businesses. So happy to be partners with them. We have been..."