1.4K views

I bought a big screen TV 5 years ago, and spent several hundred dollars more for the extended warranty coverage.At the end of 5 years if you don't use the coverage, you are supposed to receive 1/2 of the money you paid back.

In my case it would come to about $179.00. I got a call from ABC warehouse informing me that the coverage had expired and they wanted me to purchase more. I declined, and the representative informed me that I could go to the nearest store and claim my warranty refund. (remember they called me!) The next day I went to the ABC warehouse in Canton, MI, planning to role the refund into a new washer.

They pulled up on the computer all my purchases, including the TV and the warranty. I was told by Mr. Hakim the manager, very rudely may I add, that I did not have my "yellow" receipt (after 5 years) and that it had been past a 90 day mark, and that they do NOT call to remind you to collect your money. Therefore they will keep my warranty refund, and that I should read the "fine print" on my receipt.

I later contacted ABC through their 800 number, and they would not budge. They get to keep my money, and there is nothing I can do about it. (company policy) So the way I see it, ABC Warehouse banks on the fact that telling you that if you don't use the extended warranty, that telling you you will get a refund, the unsuspecting consumer will buy it. Then they bank on the fact that the customer does not have a (5 year) alarm clock that will ring to let them know to claim their money.

And I guess they go by the policy finders keepers losers weepers, because according to ABC Warehouse, if you come in one day late, they legally can and will keep your refund money!!!!

Review about: Abc Warehouse Warranty.

Had an Experience with Abc Warehouse?

Comments

Same here. Its all a scam and their needs to be a class action lawsuit in this. I lost $250.00 as of january 1st 2017 because I didn't have my receipt but it was purchased on a ABC Warehouse credit card so they could still pull it up but they said they needed the original receipt.

Traverse City, Michigan, United States #738968

I understand the criticism from everyone that says you should know to keep your receipt.What I don't think is fair to say is ABC Warehouse is off the hook on how they sell the warranty.

They sell it as a cash back offer and NEVER mention that it is store credit on the purchase of a major appliance. When you are making the decision to buy the warranty you are going by what the salesman states.

It isn't until you walk out the door with the receipt do you have access to the information in fine print on the back of the receipt that the warranty is store credit and NOT a cash back offer (If you read it at that point, that is).I still feel how they sell the warranty is a fraud.

#520215

These "rebate" offers are naturally made with stipulations that makes the sale look sweet but will unlikely cost the business selling the product a penny.First, since time will pass, they hope you will forget about it and of course there is also a 90 day window.

You wait 3 years; There is a 90 day window; You have to have not misplaced your paperwork after that time and must remember or be aware of the time frame. The sales person does not tell you about the time frame and since you can't find your paperwork to read the extremely tiny print, you don't know about the 90 day window. How many people will forget or not be able to find their paperwork within the time frame? ABC Warehouse is COUNTING on you not remembering or finding your paperwork until it is too late.

For those people that do keep on their toes, ABC Warehouse has figure out how to handle THOSE people anyway. WHAT THE SALES PERSON PURPOSELY NEGLECTS TO TELL YOU AT THE TIME OF THE SALE, IT IS NOT AND EFFING REBATE ANYWAY! I WAS TOLD I WOULD GET A PERCENTAGE BACK BUT IT IS ONLY APPLIED AS STORE CREDIT ON YOU NEXT MAJOR APPLIANCE PURCHASE!! WHAT A CROCK!!

THE SALES PERSON OR SHOULD I SAY, THE SALES *** WILL NOT TELL YOU THAT!! THEY DELIBERATELY LEAD YOU TO BELIEVE IT IS A CASH BACK REBATE WHEN IT IS NOT!!

YOU HAVE TO BUY SOMETHING AND YOU GET A DISCOUNT!!EFF OFF AND DIE!!!

to There is NO ***H THING AS A "C Allendale Charter Township, Michigan, United States #710255

you buy a house you don't read the paperwork,or what you have to have one read it to you? there is something called self responsibility or dose someone knocks on your bathroom door and tells you to wipe!

#520214

YOU HAVE TO BUY SOMETHING AND YOU GET A DISCOUNT!!EFF OFF AND DIE!!!

ive got credit back a few times from my extended warranties with no problems.READ the back of your invoice.

that gives you all of the information. you need to blame yourselves not abc warehouse.

they are the only company that gives you credit back.consider that a bonus if you dont need service

I agree with Dawn

we want to give you your warranty credit back because nwhen you use it we make a commoision if you don't get your credit we get nothing this credit comes from the warranty insurer not abc you need the receipt to prevent fraud. the warranty company won't give abc the credit with out it and..............who else gives you anything back if you don't use the warranty not best buy not sears and none of the lumberyards

and on lumberyards (lowes, home depot)

buying appliances from a lumber yard is like buying seafood at a gas station, good luck

I went into abc warehouse with my yellow reciept and with in the 90 days and I was told that the warranty company went out of business. They refused to give me my money.

I have the same problem.I contacted ABC online, sent them an e-mail.

I also told them about this website. I got contacted by the regional manager and he told me that I could spend off my rebate, but not all on one purchase. We're talking about $200.00.

I have since put in a complaint to the BBB which is something that all of you should do.The more complaints they get, the more ABC will be scrutinized and the more they will have to change their policies.